10/26/11

Gluten-free Mess - Yuck

It stuck everywhere. Sometimes gluten free flours are sticky. REALLY sticky. Such the case this morning.

Up at 4:45 am and decided to treat the kiddos to waffles. Disaster. Should have sipped my delicious Panama Coffee and had cold cereal. But oh no, forward with the waffles. I used my basic waffle recipe.  A mix of AP flour, Maseca, and rice flour, oil, milk, egg, sugar and a touch of vanilla.

Oh what a gooey mess, sticky mess. Waffle after waffle stuck. I added oil. No help there, just a burnt sticky mess.

What to do. Hungry children at the table, the clock racing towards 6 am, and no waffles on a plate...AHHHHH! Salvaging what I could into "waffle strips" I plated them up and served the hungry masses.  Know what I discovered? Sticky, messy, some-what-burnt-waffle taste pretty darn good when smothered in butter and syrup! YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment